Envision the Holy Spirit Pouring Out Revival Following Millions of Hours of Prayer
By Daniel Ketchum
During 2013 NMI mobilizes 26 weeks—or 6 months—of intentional and intensive prayer toward renewal/revival: January-June (through General Conventions and Assembly). Envision 2 million Nazarenes praying in faith with passion toward revival for six months.
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14, NIV)
The goal of praying is well beyond one million hours and beyond tracking how many hours a member or church or district prays. To pray for a global gathering is good, to pray for global renewal is better, and to pray that God will be glorified globally is best.
Our goal is more love and praise for Jesus, God’s manifest presence, and renewal of a Book-of-Acts movement. Desired results include Spirit-anointing, more lost people knowing Jesus, more believers discipled, more leaders equipped, more churches developed, more cities transformed, and more nations loving the Lord.
Envision Kingdom impact if my people pray for revival at least one hour during the next six months: 2 million hours of prayer.
Envision Kingdom outcomes if my people pray for revival at least one hour per month during each of the next six months: 12 million hours of prayer.
Envision Kingdom breakthrough if my people pray for revival at least one hour per week during each of the next six months: 50 million hours of prayer.
Is 50 million hours reasonable? One hour per week is less than 10 minutes per day. Many members will pray more than this for renewal. It will be worth it if my people pray for the Spirit to pour out revival. Will you join us?
1. Do we sincerely desire God’s King and Kingdom to come and His will to be done?
2. Have we experienced authentic renewal in the Holy Spirit during our lifetime?
3. Do we know how God pours out authentic, biblical revival; and do we need Him?
4. Will we count the cost for Christ and His renewal in our hearts, homes, and churches?
1. Reclaim loving Jesus first in heart, family, and church
2. Return to genuine Christianity in personal practice
3. Renew love for God’s Word, prayer, and obedience
4. Recover from apathy, neglect, carelessness, and backsliding
5. Restore holy passion and moral practice by the Holy Spirit